Just-The-Right-Packages - Cost efficiently and environmentally friendly
Photo Credit: 9-Neko Editorial
How to determine IF that is the good packaging?
A Guideline from NextSmart Ship:
Below is the checklists to determine if your brands/the products you buy with the good packaging:
- Design – Can it be unpacked easily?
- Does the packaging material meet the needs of shipping safety, product presentation, consumers’ convenience, and eco-friendly?
- Does it pack in a simple and reasonable structures? The label and graphic design of the package are important but the shape shouldn’t be neglected. The accelerated demand of e-commerce offers the multiple packaging solutions to the end-consumers.
- Does it eco-friendly and easy to recycle? The value of packaging material that can be used for a few times means a decrease in costs and waste.
- Does over/under-packaging will cause you more shipping costs? Under-packaging may damaging the products and costing you more, whereas over packaging may ending up with a lot of waste.
- The disadvantages of over-packaging:
- Extra weight added by packaging materials
- Volumetric weight / dimensional weight
- Waste material
- JUST-RIGHT-packaging – use lightweight material; use the right filler to provide uniform support; organize the products inside in the right way
FUTURE SUPPLY CHAIN